Wednesday 5 March 2008

Ebay | message from member

Ebay Phishing Email ExampleHere's what is intentionally an upsetting and offensive email, probably designed to upset the recipient and leave them off guard, so that they press the link in the email.

It's realistic looking, but sent from 'member' and to 'undisclosed-recipients' - instead of the recipient by name. It avoids any introduction, so there's no 'dear member', or more realistically 'dear [username]'.

The target URL is http://lluxxuss.de/img/news/cancel.php - the same site as one from last week, so maybe the security has been breached again.

Here's the content, the email is on it's way to EBay!

Question from jackjack14
Item: (7713864284)

jackjack14 is a potential buyer.

Hi there, when did you send me a message and what is it about? BTW, I don't like your tone. Please dont do that to me. I can report you as well, remember?

Original message:
Why dont you answer to my emails!!! If you dont Respond Now I will contact ebay safeharbor and report you ! Lett me know, I am not a fool ! Thank you ! !

Item Details

Item number: 7713864284
End date: 05-Mar-08 13:17:42 BST

View item description:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIem&item=7713864284&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

Thank you for using eBay
www.ebay.co.uk/

No comments: