Sunday 30 December 2007

Sandra Wilson -

What happened a few days ago when I responded to the Sandra Wilson email?

Well the email below came back. Just a cut and paste job for a reply - they didn't even bother to use the false name I'd supplied.

What they are asking for might look harmless, but if I were to provide these details, I'd probably never hear from them again but they would have more than enough information to steal my identity. Then they would be able to apply for loads, mortgages, credit cards and whatever they felt like in my name. It's frightening really! If you think you might have responded to one of these emails then you can check your Credit Report for applications that you do not recognise. It's well worth it to put your mind at rest.

Here's the email I got back:

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your prompt response to my call for assistance..

I must inform you that your presence will be needed at the bank in Europe for the signing of the vital documents, to enable the funds to be transfer to your personal account in your country.

Please promise me that this transaction will be very confidential during the time of transferring these funds from the bank in Europe.

I am urging you to send me the following informations immediately to enable you to have in contact with the bank and book a date with them as when you are to come over for the signing of the release order of the funds.

Info Required

1 Full names and age.

2 Contact address, phone and fax numbers

3 Occupations

4 copy of your identity

with these I will be able to forward you the contact details of the bank to enable you reach the bank and have an appointment with them.

I hope you are well informed,

God bless you.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,

Mrs. Sandra Watson

No comments: