Wednesday 2 January 2008

Jennifer Wilson Followup

A coulpe of weeks ago I replied to one of the Jennifer Wilson emails from a special email account (one created just for this purpose, in case it became full of spam).

An email came back asking me a few relatively harmless questions and saying I was to contact a different email address. I replied (not with genuine details) and this is the email I got in return. I chose not to reply here as it was asking for phone numbers, probably to put high pressure on the victim to comply to their demands.

These scams can involve paying a small 'insurance' or costs out of pocket to get everything going. Then you never hear back. Else the phone call could ask for the missing details required to clone an identity. But I'm not setting up a phone line for them or giving my phone number out!

Here's the reply email in full:

Attn: [name removed]
Calvary greetings,

I hereby acknowledge receipt of the email forwarded to me by my esteem client .Mrs. Jennifer Wilson my names are Barrister Jerry Cooper lawyer to Mrs.Jennifer Wilson. I got your mail regarding the above subject.

Mrs.Jennifer Wilson notified me about her decision to WILL $5,5Million US Dollars and that she has given you instruction on disbursement. The funds are presently in her bank here in the Netherlands.

For the purpose of this transaction I will be the one to provide you with logistics on the receivership of the funds. I have read the message and contents contained therein is understood by me. In pursuant of your message, I have every conviction that you are determined to live for humanity and posterity. My client cannot claim these funds herself as a result of,

1. My client is still very sick after the operation and is still in intensive care. She is under-going medical treatment. It has defiled all forms of medicine, and right now she is in coma. All my client needs from you is prayers for quick recovering.

2. She wants God to be merciful to her and accept her soul that explains why she has decided to give alms to charity organizations and masjids, as she want this to be one of the last good deeds she do on earth. I wish to plead with you to join my client for not only serving humanity, but to also benefit in the process. This process could be strange but reality will definitely dawn on you, if you pay unflinched attention to it and you adhere to my instructions.

I have to say here that my client does not intend to cause you any personal pains or discomfort. If this agreed by us we can eventually proceed to discuss the process of the transfer of receivership to you to enable you adequate carry out the job that you are called to do. I will make sure this transaction come to pass so that these funds can be transferred to you soonest.

She has WILLED the funds to you based on her own decision. I will immediately proceed in notifying Mrs. Jennifer Wilson bank in order for the funds to be released and transferred to you. I will require the following information below from you to process the release of the funds,Notification to the bank and for easy communication..

1.Telephone number
2. Fax number

I will be expecting to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Jerry Cooper (Barr. in Law).
**SOLICITOR AND LEGAL PRACTITIONER**
Email: barristercooper@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +31-644-777-769
Fax: +31-84-759-7673

No comments: