Wednesday 18 June 2008

Abbey | Account Notification: Access To Your Account Has Been Limited

After NatWest (currently 67 posts), Abbey is the second placed banking target on this site, with just 17 posts. It's trying to catch up...

This at least gives a reason for the verification, but from experience I know that when the account is restricted the restrictions are lifted only by posting new cards out - I know, I had to wait without access to my cash until the new card came through!

The actual target URL is http://www.rightleadership.com//poll/pollphp/verify/cgi.htm, which seems to be a perfectly innocent site. I've not tested that the link does work, but I expect that somehow the phishers have broken into the site.

Unauthorized Access Notification

Dear Abbey Bank Customer,

This message has been sent to you from Abbey Bank because we have noticed invalid login attempts into your account, due to this we are temporarily limiting and restricting your account access until we confirm your identity.

We therefore implore you to log into your account to verify any possible findings.

VERIFY

Thank you

No comments: